Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) and Inspections

When you need to re-register your vehicle or sell it, you need to go to a licensed Vicroads Roadworthy tester to obtain a Certificate of Roadworthiness. This helps reduce the number of poor condition vehicles on the road, while ensuring people’s and your safety.


In some cases, a Certificate of Roadworthiness is also required to clear a Vehicle Defect Notice or a Notice of Unroadworthiness.


Because of the authority of RWC (Roadworthy Certificate), VicRoads only accept the Certificates of Roadworthiness issued by a licensed vehicle tester, operating from a licensed car services centre or workshop. Once the vehicle passes a roadworthy inspection in our workshop, the Roadworthy Certificate (RWC) is issued.


How long is my RWC Valid in Victoria?

A Roadworthy Certificate remains valid for 30 days after the date of issue. If any item fails to meet the standard, it must be repaired within 7 days or a complete inspection must again be carried out on the vehicle.

* If The Vehicle Passes with no repairs needed, a roadworthy certificate will be issued.


* If Your Vehicle Requires Work to be done to pass the RWC we will inform you before any work is carried out and a quote can be supplied for the repairs to be done.


Tyreforce is licensed to perform roadworthy inspection for issuing Roadworthy Certificate by VicRoads in Victoria.


Call us now on (03) 9308 6655